- Sustain the Convent
- Keep it Green: Adaptation
- Keep it Green: Urban Sanctuary
- Keep it Green: The Water Story
- Keep it Green: Re:vive
- Keep it Green: New Ground
- Windows to Worlds
- Walk With Us
- Solar Project
- Sustainability Projects
- Magdalen Laundry Restoration Stage One
- Sacred Heart Restoration
- Rosina Restoration
Keep it Green: Urban Sanctuary
ACF’s 2019 Keep it Green fundraising appeal saw us turn our attention to one of the most popular pockets of the precinct: the grassed Convent Courtyard and its surrounds. This space is a true treasure with the striking 67-year-old Liquidambar at its centre, four Linden trees along the perimeter and delicate gardens of the Fernery surrounding the heritage Tempietto.
Funds raised by our community of supporters through the ‘Keep it Green: Urban Sanctuary’ appeal are enabling us to invest in dedicated care for this much-loved part of our green landscape, including:
- Engaging a specialist landscape gardener to develop and deliver design and planting recommendations
- Undertaking repairs to the concrete edging of the Fernery garden beds and stabilise hardwood columns
- Implementing a new climate change-adaptive planting regime
- Engaging an arborist to assess, treat and protect precious trees
- Assessing and relocating heritage irrigation infrastructure
- Engaging a specialist heritage consultant to advise on all works.
The generous support of our community is enabling us to continue to provide this healthy and welcoming place of beauty, biodiversity and tranquillity for everyone to experience and enjoy – 365 days of the year.
Update: In January 2020, ACF engaged specialist heritage consultancy firm Context GML to begin work on protecting and restoring this special place. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and the enforced shutdown of the Convent precinct, work on this project has been temporarily placed on hold. We look forward to re-commencing works as soon as possible.